火牛棋牌首页

RT2018.gif

China Daily

Asia Pacific> Asia News> Content
Monday, October 28, 2019, 18:14
Vietnam receives documents from UK on truck victims
By Associated Press
Monday, October 28, 2019, 18:14 By Associated Press

Hoang Thi Ai holds up her phone showing a photo of her son Hoang Van Tiep, who she fears is one of the possible victims in the truck deaths in England, at her home in Dien Chau district, Nghe An province, Vietnam, on Oct 28, 2019. (HAU DINH / AP)

DIEM THINH — Vietnam's government said Monday that it has received from British authorities the documents of four of the people found dead in the back of a truck in England last week to help determine whether any of them are Vietnamese.

The documents were handed over to Vietnam's ministry of public security and will be used to help identify the victims, Deputy Foreign Minister Pham Thanh Son was cited by the VNExpress news website as saying

The documents were handed over to Vietnam's ministry of public security and will be used to help identify the victims, Deputy Foreign Minister Pham Thanh Son was cited by the VNExpress news website as saying.

It was not immediately clear what type of documents were sent.

British police initially believed the victims were Chinese, but later acknowledged that details around the bodies found last Wednesday in southeastern England were still evolving. Up to 24 Vietnamese families have since reported missing relatives whom they fear to be among the dead.

ALSO READ: Truck deaths leave many questions unanswered

Vietnamese authorities have taken hair and other forensic samples from families who have reported missing people to assist the identification efforts.

British police said they have removed all the bodies from the truck and are awaiting autopsies. Identifying the victims is expected to be difficult and officials said very few documents were found with the bodies.

Smugglers normally take the passports of their passengers to obscure their identities, stripping them of their names and giving them new documents when they arrive at their destinations.

Families in central Vietnam continue to cling to hope that their missing loved ones are not among the victims.

READ MORE: Priest: Majority of 39 UK truck victims likely from Vietnam

In Diem Thinh village in Nghe An province, Hoang Thi Ai cried Monday as she received relatives and neighbors coming to her house to check on the latest news on her missing 18-year-old son, Hoang Van Tiep, who the family fears may be among the victims.

Tiep worked as a restaurant dishwasher in France for two years before deciding to go to England for a better-paying job at a nail salon, Ai said.

British authorities charged the 25-year-old truck driver with 39 counts of manslaughter and conspiracy to traffic people. He was expected in court Monday. Three other people have been arrested in connection to the case.

Share this story

CHINA DAILY
HONG KONG NEWS
OPEN
Please click in the upper right corner to open it in your browser !
火牛棋牌首页

星月棋牌app

德甲竞猜下载

850棋牌首页

大闹天宫捕鱼

永发棋牌官方

欧冠下注体育官网

欧洲杯足彩最新网址

福彩网顺口溜

菠菜人电竞平台

betway必威大厅

王者荣耀竞猜官网

招财猫棋牌首页

真人斗地主游戏中心

网上体育下注平台

欧洲杯外围官网